This website is operated by Christina May Limited trading as The English Soap Company. Throughout the site, the terms “The English Soap Company”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Christina May Limited trading as The English Soap Company. The English Soap Company offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are over 18 years of age and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- These terms and conditions apply to the use of The English Soap Company digital codes for online only redemption (“Digital Code”) and email gift cards (“Online Gift Cards”).
- By purchasing or using a The English Soap Company Gift Card you accept and agree to these terms and conditions (“The English Soap Company Gift Card Terms”).
- These English Soap Company Gift Card Terms may be amended from time to time. Reasonable notice of any changes will be given where possible. Please check this website regularly for updates. Nothing in these The English Soap Company Gift Card Terms affects your statutory rights.
- When you use an English Soap Company Gift Card the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the Gift Card. You may use Gift Card as part payment for goods of a higher value than the value on the Gift Card upon payment of the difference.
- Validly activated Digital Codes are redeemable in full or part payment for goods for on-line purchases ONLY at https://www.theenglishsoapcompany.com/.
- For online purchases the long card number can be entered in the Voucher payment section of our website.
SALE OF THE ENGLISH SOAP COMPANY GIFT CARDS
- The English Soap Company Gift Cards can be purchased online from our website https://www.theenglishsoapcompany.com/ (“Web Sales”)
- The minimum amount required to purchase a English Soap Company Gift Card is £5.00, up to a maximum limit of £200 on any single The English Soap Company Gift Card.
- Web Sales payment can be made via VISA or MasterCard debit or credit card via our Worldpay Payment Gateway, or via Paypal.
- Payment is taken at the time of purchase of the The English Soap Company Gift Card. The purchased gift card is activated and can be used immediately upon receiving. Within 1 business working day, the Gift Card purchaser will receive an order confirmation email.
- Each transaction is subject to various fraud checks and The English Soap Company reserves the right to refuse an order if the payment is subject to additional verification or scrutiny or for any other reason, without providing explanation.
- The English Soap Company Gift Cards ordered through Web Sales will be sent to the recipient via email delivery only. We do not offer a physical gift card to be delivered to a location.
- Digital Codes and E-Gift Cards ordered though Web Sales will be sent to the email address stated in the individual order. Despatch will usually be immediate but could be up to 48 hours after receipt of payment.
- Where possible The English Soap Company will try to meet all delivery requirements but shall not be liable for any loss incurred either directly or indirectly by failure to meet the requested delivery date. ‘Loss’ in this instance includes any loss of profit, costs, damages, charges, other expenses, consequential losses and non-financial losses.
- Risk will pass to the customer upon delivery and title will pass upon receipt of payment in full. The English Soap Company has no liability for lost, stolen or damaged The English Soap Company Gift Cards once risk has passed to the customer at time of delivery.
- Refunds will not be given on the purchase of a The English Soap Company Gift Card, unless the discount code is faulty.
USE OF THE ENGLISH SOAP COMPANY GIFT CARDS
- English Soap company Online Gift Cards can only be spent at www.theenglishsoapcompany.com. They will not be accepted on any other online channels, or via our stockists.
- All The English Soap Company Gift Cards expire, and any unspent funds thereon will be forfeited, if not used for purchases for 12 months from date of purchase. You will not be reminded when your English Soap Company Gift Card is about to expire, and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
- Funds on The English Soap Company Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash at any time. No change will be given but any remaining balance will remain on the The English Soap Company Gift Card to be applied to future purchases
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with a The English Soap Company Gift Card will be made in accordance with The English Soap Company’s refund policy. Refunds for goods purchased with a The English Soap Company Gift Card will be paid back onto a The English Soap Company Gift Card.
- We reserve the right at any time to cancel any The English Soap Company Gift Card and/or suspend or permanently discontinue The English Soap Company Gift Card programme altogether, or any part thereof (including online redemption), if, in our sole discretion, such action is necessary. Such action may be necessary, for example, to make changes to the The English Soap Company Gift Card programme, to comply with applicable law or regulation or as a result of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- We cannot replace a Gift Card if lost or stolen. Please treat The English Soap Company Gift Card as you would cash. They will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. The English Soap Company Gift Cards are not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a The English Soap Company Gift Card as payment if there is reasonable evidence of tampering or fraud.
- If you believe a The English Soap Company Gift Card may be damaged, defective or not working, please contact the Customer Care Team as soon as possible by calling 01435 813849
- The English Soap Company Gift Cards are issued by and remain the property of Christina May Ltd. trading as The English Soap Company, Silveroaks Farm, East Sussex, Waldron, Heathfield TN21 0RS.
Coupons and discount codes refer to coupon codes featured on The English Soap Company website, via email newsletters and/or via our social media channels, or other marketing channels.
- Coupon codes can only be used once per user, cannot be shared, and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, vouchers or coupon codes.
- Coupon codes must be manually applied during the checkout process and discounts or delivery charges cannot be changed or refunded after an order has been completed.
- Coupon code limited time only offers circulated via email, social media or other marketing channels are subject to specific usage restrictions. Please read terms and conditions.
- All coupon codes that offer a fixed or percentage product discount are not applicable for e-gift card purchases and subject to change for promotional sale items.
- Free shipping coupon codes are only eligible for UK mainland delivery addresses.
- Without a free shipping code, free shipping is only applicable for orders with a total value of £35 or over, after the coupon code has been applied.
- The English Soap Company is not responsible for redeeming discount codes found outside authorised marketing channels.
- We reserve the right to withdraw coupons or discount codes at any time without notice. We cannot offer substitutes or cash alternatives.
If you have any issues with redeeming the coupon please contact one of our team at email@example.com.
Offers and promotions refer to promotional sales, competitions, and giveaways featured on The English Soap Company webite and/or via our social media channels.
We reserve the right to withdraw promotions at any time without notice. Please note that free promotional products have limited stock and we cannot offer substitutes or cash alternatives. Where a promotion requires a discount code we will only accept orders where a valid code has been used and accepted at checkout. We reserve the right to cancel orders where an offer has been used in conjunction with other offers or has been used by a customer for more than one order. Competition winners will be contacted using details provided.
Veganuary Soap Bar Sale Offer: Limited time offer permitting a 20% price reduction to all single soap bar products on The English Soap Company website only (https://www.theenglishsoapcompany.com/). Products include all paper-wrapped soap bars and gift boxed soaps as featured in the ‘All Soaps’ category (https://www.theenglishsoapcompany.com/all-products/all-soap-bars/). This offer excludes all gift boxes and gift sets that include a soap bar item and applicable to single soap bar items only.
This promotion is only available between 12:00pm GMT 27.01.2022 and 09:00pm GMT 31.01.2022. Offer does not apply to shipping or other items outside the ‘All Soap Bars’ category. This offer cannot be combined or used in conjunction with other promotions, coupon codes or offers on the English Soap Company website, such as the 20% off first purchase promotional code. Offer only applicable to items on our website shop and not in conjunction or association with any other Veganuary offers from outside parties. Requested refunds of discounted items will be refunded at the price paid on original order. All other T’s & C”s apply.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international or national rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall The English Soap Company, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Christina May Limited trading as The English Soap Company and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable solicitors’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
All trademarks that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners.
Registration Name: Christina May Limited trading as The English Soap Company
Place of Registration: England
Registered Office Address: Rotherdale, Fir Tol Road, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20 6NB
Registered Number: 08558071
VAT Number: 790626509
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.